Tuesday, October 29, 2013

29 October 2013

I was feeling brave today as I had a pretty good night night before, so I ate breakfast and a snack before work.  I figured since I got the blood under control, I would naturally get better and be able to handle food.  So my entire work period I had episodes where I thought I'd crap myself.  I even said "I have to go to the washroom" because the urgency was so powerful, and then I didn't have to go as I was walking towards the toilet.

When I arrived home after work at 8:00 p.m. after I ate pot-stickers for dinner, which was dumb, I loaded the toilet bowl with what felt like everything I put in my mouth both solid and liquid over the past two days.  It happened about four times.  Everything was turned to liquid in my digestive system and evacuated at the end of the day.  I don't even know if any nutrients were absorbed in my body, because it doesn't seem like there were as everything seems to have landed in the soup of the toilet bowl I made.  I've been pooping all night and it is now almost two a.m.  I haven't slept yet and I have to wake up at 7 a.m. and get my daughter off to school and wake up my other daughter so she can do her school.  Then I have to go to work.  So, I would imagine eating breakfast tomorrow would be a horrible error on my part.  I just feel so much stronger when I can eat something during the day.  Otherwise at work I feel like every effort is a tremendous one and sometimes I feel like I might start crying from fatigue.  My body ached horribly all night tonight.  I just drank a small glass of grape juice and my tummy is rumbling from that which means I'll be having another trip to the washroom in the near future, which means, why bother going to sleep at all?

So, if no one reads these blogs ever, that's fine.  I do feel better being able to say how I feel and document what it is like to have UC so the doctors can figure it out.

That's another thing.  The doctors seem pretty dumb when it comes to UC.  I know they know much more about the body than I do, and I know they know more than I'll probably every care to find out about the digestive system and everything, but they are so dense in that they think they are so right about their opinion when a great deal of the time they are wrong and causing damage to people by giving them stupid advice because they think they know everything.  They don't know MY body.  They know what they studied and they maybe know other peoples' bodies.  One "expert" told me to eat apple sauce, which is POISON to my body.  Now this advice would be fine and I wouldn't care if it were my mom, my brother, my Aunt, my friend who told me, but because it was from a doctor I'm under some kind of obligation to listen, which makes it a threatening situation, especially if I'm in the hospital.  That's a total nightmare.  "Well, you better listen to me, you're just crazy if you don't." You try to tell them, and they just don't give a crap, like you haven't even spoken, and if you actually insist on your own opinion, you're off-balance and nuts.  When it is actually the doctor who is wrong.  Those are scary situations.  Twice in the hospital I was hooked up to the wrong IV bag.  I am the one who alerted the nursing staff as to the error.  It wasn't life-threatening, just a lot of sugar was being pumped into my body to fatten me up.  I don't know what the other bag was hanging from my IV pole, but it was the wrong one as well.  The only good doctors I found were at Mayo Clinic.  I felt I could trust them and I felt like they really listened to me.  Unless I'm facing certain death, I'm never going to a doctor again unless it is a Mayo Clinic doctor who specializes in Gastroenterology.

No comments:

Post a Comment