Tuesday, October 15, 2013

15 October 2013 Late late Evening

My stomach hurt very badly at work to the point where I was thinking I might not be able to work.  I didn't go to the washroom my entire shift for five whole hours (amazing) but that could be due to the fact that I didn't eat most of the day before and barely drank and didn't eat or drink anything today.  I had a dinner appointment with a friend from university at Granite City for six o'clock.  She doesn't understand Ulcerative Colitis at all. I felt horrible not eating in front of her at this restaurant.  Our waiter was not good, but he was very friendly, so at least that was nice.  Anyway, so I ordered french onion soup and an asparagus pasta dish.  I also had a hot chocolate and water.  I ate the whole french onion soup, minus the onions.  It was a very small bowl and a rip-off.  $4 something for exactly one measured cup of broth with cheese and croutons on it.  I ate HALF the dinner, which is very dangerous in my condition.  So so far, the repercussions are not too devastating, but the night isn't over yet.  We'll see what happens.

This is what I ate: 

Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Linguini

Chicken, prosciutto, garlic, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, onions, fennel, linguini, basil and pine nuts.
Totally jumped off the deep end on this one! Like I'm asking to die or something.  I was thinking nutrition when I ordered it and ignoring the fact that I was going to try not to have gluten, because I'm pretty sure fettuccini has gluten in it. I just wanted to be normal and not make my friend uncomfortable.  I didn't feel hungry at all, nor did I particularly enjoy eating anything.  My sense of hunger dies when I'm this sick, on top of that, I know it will hurt terribly later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment